Friday, April 2, 2010

Seasons

When I feel bad about my weight and I am obsessing I get really depressed and I normally quit blogging. I haven't been following anyone's either, so for that my friends, I am sorry.

I am really working on trying not to obsess about the 12 lbs I have put on, or the fact that none of my clothes from last summer fit. I feel like a fat cow. I haven't worked out in 2 months and have lost all my muscle deffination so I now look like a flabby blob. I want to be tones and fit, but I don't want to put the effort into it. I have been conditioned from an early age to be lazy. I spent most my time as a child on my ass, watching cartoons and playing video games.

Anyone else have issues motivating them selves to be more active, if not for you but also with you kids? I realize that I am conditioning my children for the same down fall I have. I fall short in being active with them. My depression makes me tired and causes me to choose to avoid leaving the house as much as possible.

Any tips for a desperate woman?

2 comments:

ksgirl said...

I'm glad you posted, and I'm right there with you as far as the depression, weight gain, and lazyness. If I had the magic answer I would share it, but I don't.

One thing I am trying as a way to get myself to do anything (paperwork, cleaning, etc.) is the 15 min. rule. I set the timer for 15 min. and do a chore. Sometimes I get into a grove and go beyond the 15 min. and sometimes I quit as soon as the timer goes off an just go lay down. But at least I did something so I don't go to bed totally hating myself for going another day doing nothing. Perhaps you can try it with exercise? I guess I should try it with exercise, too.

Best wishes. Hang in there.

lisalisa said...

Glad to see you back! I hate this time of year- when i have to dig out my shorts to see if any of them still fit. Blagh.

I, too, am pretty sedentary. Alot of that is my depression. As for my kids, I help them be active in little ways. Like if i have time, I let them walk in the grocery store instead of ride in the cart. We go to the park when the weather is nice. even coloring on the sidewalk with chalk is more active than sitting inside playing video games.
Myseld, I have never enjoyed excercise. I got this gym membership, was all gung-ho about working out every day and was going to get lean and toned and all that. I pretty much burned myself out in about a month.
I spend an unhealthy amount of time online. i cant help it, most of my support is online, and I need it. But I am trying to find balance, even if that just means a walk around the block to get some sun on my face. It gets better as the weather is improving.

Hope this gives you some ideas.