Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ED lingering in my mind

I tried to go study and found myself unable to concentrate and re-reading the same dang paragraph over and over but not really remembering anything that i read. HE was in my mind, telling how unhappy I was because I didn't binge and that it must be pretty freaking shitty not getting to eat what I miss.
I told myself that if i was hungry I would be OK till lunch which was in 2 hours. So, I conquered HIM this morning. No binge, no purge.
For this small but significant victory over HIM, I am going to beat it again for lunch.
I decided to make home made french fries for the kiddos. I think I had maybe 3 to test firmness. LOL








I then made myself some home made stir-fry by starting out with one chicken breast sauteed in non stick cooking spray, then added it to a frozen bag of noodles, broccoli, carrots, and a few mushrooms. I saute that in non cooking spray and then added more fresh mushrooms, fresh spinach leafs, tomatoes and sugar snap peas. This was sauteed in some Chinese five spice and I then added this steak marinade I like that is lime and garlic but works
well as a saute and only 10cal per tablespoon. All this was added on top of 1cp brown rice to give this end result:It was AWESOME and VERY filling.

I am feeling better about everything and I am hoping that today continues to go well. I am going to try a new class at the gym called BodyCombat and I am excited. Dinner tonight is going to be a 5oz piece of salmon and a big salad! Maybe ill go get some yogurt? Who knows.

********UPDATE**********

So, I was having MAJOR ED thoughts during lunch. I attepted to eating all of the food I made but soon ralized that I was full and needed to stop. So, I got up from the table and took what was left in my bowl and what was left in the pan and put them together, covered it and stuck it in a fridge. Ahh, but then I turn aroundand theres the fries I made. I started to get into them, then realized I was letting HIM win, so I took all those and stuck them in a bag and put them away. I started drinking my water but I was struggeling bad so after I dropped my son at school I came home, packed up my daughter in the stroller and out the door we went for a walk that soon turned into my jogging 3/4 if the time.
I feel a lot better. I got a good sweat going, came home and now were going to enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate. I want to say thank you to everyone for your wonderfull words of encouragment. They are greatly appreciated!

1 comments:

Eating With Others said...

Way to fight it!

I'm hoping that you plate your food and leave the bowl's in the kitchen, that might help a little. Remeber too after you finish your plate wait a minute or two and then ask yourself if your body is hungry. I love the idea of getting out for a walk, but it does look cold!