Thursday, January 28, 2010

Therapy for the heart

So today has been CRAZY busy. It started right after I ate because I was disappointed I was still hungry. So I wolfed down another cup of coffee and headed out side and shoveled snow for an hour and a half. My back was sore and now it is really sore cause I had to use a big ditch digger/10lb pick to chop up some of the ice in front of my fence where the sun NEVER hits. After that I came in and started cleaning and Jammed out to Aerosmith! God I love them, and their greatest hits album I could listen to over and over. In fact, 3 weeks ago I went to denver and on my drive I listeted to it like 4 times.

Anyway, when I was cleaning I opened the bread box and realized that that I was trying to stuff WAY to much stuff into it. So I decided to do this instead. I love it I think it looks really beautiful and I love how I can easily access my bread and know what I have and what I need to get. We have some whole bread, whole wheat tortillas, flour tortillas, whole wheat english muffins, the kids whole wheat bread, and some pita bread. Yummy.


Anyway moving on. I was going to just throw out my bread box but decided not to. The reason I kept the bread box is because it is the ONLY item I have that was in my old house growing up and it means a lot to me. It is pretty beat up and I wasn't sure what to do with it. So as you can see I decided to sand and re-stained it. It had oil and all kinds of stuff on it. Pretty much black caked on S*%$ from the past 20 years. Heres a picture of it after I sanded it. It meant a lot for me to keep this. I love my dad and miss him dearly and to get rid of this would hurt my heart. It was nice to think of him and growing up and all the crazy stuff we use to do. I have some family videos where this bread box is see in the back ground. This bread box has a lot of memories and secrets, some of my own. So here it is all finished and in its new spot on the counter.

Now some of you may be wondering what is in it if not bread. Well, there could be several things it and I am going to leave it a guessing game for today and see if anyone can guess correctly. :D

I really enjoyed this project, so much I forgot to eat lunch. So I had a Blueberry Luna bar and it was yummy. I got into restoring furniture over the summer when i was ready to transition my daughter from her crib to a bed. I found one in the paper for free and with a little TLC I was able to restore it to a beautiful bed that will last her for years. Very Full filling.

So I am going to leave you with this little bit from an Aerosmith song I love and adore.

"Your love made me a prisoner, yeah my hearts been doing time"

I love this because I refuse to feel this way anymore. If it is my husband, ED, my family, whomever, I deserve to be happy and finally after YEARS and YEARS I am making progress towards feeling love everyday rather then feeling like that.

Will update later. Love you ALL.

0 comments: